Lake County Community Calendar
LAKE COUNTY -- The following is a list of events happening in Lake County:
• Chess players of all abilities are invited to meet at 6 p.m., every Tuesday, at Barski, 4016 M-37, Baldwin; and 5 p.m., every Wednesday, at Jackie's Place, 6016 W. 10 1/2 Mile Road, Irons;
• The Luther Area Public Library, 115 State St., Luther, hosts "Walking at the Library" from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Monday, Wednesday and Friday;
• The Luther Senior Citizens Center, 300 Ash St., Luther, hosts Bingo from 9:30-11 a.m., every Wednesday;
• Seniors 60 years of age and older are invited to share a meal and friendship at 11:15 a.m., Monday through Thursday, at the Senior Citizens Center, 300 Ash St., Luther. A $2 donation is requested for each diner. If you plan to attend, please call 231-797-5401 by 9:30 a.m. All seniors are welcome;
• The North Bar, 216 State St., Luther, hosts weekly Euchre tournaments at 6:30 p.m., Tuesdays and 2 p.m., Wednesdays; and cornhole tournaments at 7 p.m., Fridays;
• The Eden Township Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m., Feb. 20, at the Eden Township Hall, 5837 West 10 1/2 Mile Rd., Irons. The public is welcome;
• The North Bar, 216, State St., Luther, will host Music by Daniel James, from 8 p.m. to midnight, Feb. 22 and a Paint Party at 6:30 p.m., Feb. 26;
• The Luther Lions Club,1003 N. State St., Luther, will host a spaghetti dinner from 5 to 7 p.m., Feb. 26. Donations will benefit the Pine River scholarship fund.
• The Peacock Township Board of Trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m., Feb. 26, at the Peacock Township Hall, 4480 W. 4 Mile Rd., Irons. the public is welcome;
• The monthly Melissa Fellowship Pasta Dinner will be at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 26, at the Evergreen Covenant Church, 7396 S. Evergreen Rd., Branch. Cost is $2 per adult and children eat free. Proceeds support local missions;
• The Luther Area Public Library, 115 State St., Luther, will host Story Hour at 11 a.m., Feb. 28. Activity and snack provided. All ages welcome.
• The Luther Lions Club, 1003 N. State St., Luther, will host the Pine River Booster Auction, beginning at 5 p.m., Feb. 29. Donations are needed. Please contact Jamie Martin for drop off;
• The North Bar, 216 State St., Luther, will host a 20/20 party, Feb. 29, with DJ by J&B Beats playing songs that are twenty years old. A time capsule for leap year;
• In honor of African American History month, Idlewild Historic and Cultural Center, 7025 S. Broadway Ave, Idlewild, will present a program about Professor John Henry Clark, noted for his research in the field of history, at 1 p.m., Feb. 29;
• The Luther Lions Club, 1003 N. State St., Luther, will host a Lions Breakfast from 9 to 11 a.m., March 1. Cost is $7 for adults, $3.50 for children 12 and under.