Upcoming events in Lake County
The following are upcoming events in Lake County.
• There will be a special service to inter unclaimed cremains of deceased area residents at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 24, at the Webber Township Cemetery followed by an interment service at Pleasant Plains Township Cemetery.
• The Little Manistee Rivershed Steering Committee will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 24, at the Luther Lions Club.
• Luther Quilting Club will meet from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 24 and Saturday, May 26, at the Luther Area Public Library.
• Luther Craft Club will meet at 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 24 and at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 25, at the Luther Area Public Library.
• There will be a fish fry beginning at 2 p.m. on Friday, May 25, at the Mid-Michigan Idlewilders Event Center, 19 Joy Avenue.
• Game Night Friday feature cards, dominoes, BINGO and other games along with food, music and a 50/50 raffle from 6 p.m. to midnight on Friday, May 25, at Mid-Michigan Idlewilders Event Center.
• A Memorial Day parade will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 26, beginning at the Luther Lions Hall and proceeding through downtown Luther. The Luther Area Museum will open during the parade.
• There will be a cabaret from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturday, May 26, at the Mid-Michigan Idlewilders Event Center.
• The Michigan 2nd Cavalry Civil War Reenactors will present a Memorial Day Mass at 8 a.m. on Sunday, May 27, at St. Bernard Catholic Church in Irons.
• An honor guard ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. on Sunday, May 27, at V.F.W. Post No. 5315.
• Music at Purchase Pavilion in Luther will kick off at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 30.
• Lake Township board will meet at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 31, at the Lake Township Hall.
• VFW Post No. 5315 offers live music and food at 5 p.m. every Friday. This is open to the public.
• Chess players meet at 6 p.m. on Tuesdays at Barski’s and at 6 p.m. on Wednesdays at Jackie’s Place in Irons.
• Alcohols Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. every Wednesday at St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Baldwin and at 8 p.m. every Saturday at Baldwin Congregational Church.
• Baldwin Rotary Club meets at noon each Wednesday in the Pere Marquette Room at Pompeii’s.