Upcoming events in Lake County
The following are upcoming events in Lake County.
• Lake Township board members will meet at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28 at the Lake Township Hall.
• Registration for the Luther area Feeding America will begin at 4:15 p.m. with distribution being at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28 at the Luther Lions Club.
• Craft Club at the Luther Area Public Library is at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28 at the library and 11 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 29. Cost is $5.
• The Lake County Republicans will host a Lincoln Day Dinner at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28 at the Hollister Senior Center in Baldwin. Cost is $15 per person. For more information contact (231) 898-3561.
• The Luther Area Public Library will have Movie and Subs. The movie, “Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie,” will be showing at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30, at the library. Food and drinks will be provided.
• There will be a bake sale at the Lake-Osceola State bank beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 2. Proceeds will benefit residents of the Grand Oaks Nursing Center.
• Pinora Township board members will meet at 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 2, at the Pinora Township Hall.
• The Osceola Chapter of MARSP (Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel) invites all retired school employees and friends of education to join the annual auction at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 3, at the Reed City United Methodist Church, 503 S. Chestnut St., Reed City. Items to be auctioned include new and gently used household items, books, handcrafted items, homemade goodies and more. Donated items are welcome. Snacks will be provided. For more information contact (231) 832-5857.
• Homecoming week for Baldwin Community Schools will be from Monday, Oct. 2 to Friday, Oct. 6, with a dance on Saturday, Oct. 7.
• Registration for the tenth annual Salmon Run will be at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7, at St. Ann’s Senior Center. The run/walk will begin at 9 a.m. Proceeds will benefit services at St. Ann’s Senior Center.
• Ladies of the Museum and Lions Club Tea Party will be at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7, at the Luther Lions Club. Cost is $10 per person and includes a lunch and tea. Everyone is welcome.
• There will be a Soup and Sweets Supper from 6 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7, at the Evergreen Covenant Church, 7396 S. Evergreen Rd., Branch. Everyone invited. There is no set cost, but the meal is by a free will offering.