Upcoming events in Lake County
The following are upcoming events in Lake County.
• There will be a Township Association meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 24 at Peacock Township Hall.
• The Idlewild Parade Committee is sponsoring a huge yard sale from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Friday, Aug. 25 and Saturday, Aug. 26, at the corner of U.S. 10 and Nelson Road.
• Blessing of the Bows will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26, at God’s True Vine Church in Idlewild.
• Registration for the Lake County Crop Hunger Walk will be at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26, at the Baldwin Congregational Church. The walk begins at 1 p.m.
• There will be a movie showing and snacks at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26, at the Luther Area Public Library. The featured movie is, “Diary of a wimpy kid: The Long Haul.”
• There will be a Lithuania Heritage Pot Luck at 1 p.m. on Sunday Aug. 27, at the All Purpose Room at Mason County Eastern School in Custer.
• Pleasant Plains Township board will meet at 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 28 at the Baldwin Business Center.
• Baldwin Community Schools invites students, staff and community members to walk at 3:15 on Wednesday, Aug. 30. Walkers will meet in the high school cafeteria and walk a route of about two miles as a requirement for a sidewalk grant, part of the safer routs to school program. Contact Cher Robinson at (231) 745-4791 for any questions.
• Great Start Parent Coalition meeting will meet with a meal at 5:30 p.m. and a presentation at 6:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 30, at the elementary cafeteria and library. The guest speaker will be Quran Griffin, health educator from District No. 10 Health Department. She will share information about the Talk Sooner program to parents and also educated them about different drugs.
• Lake Township board will meet at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 31, at the Lake Township Hall.
There will be craft club at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 31, at the Luther Area Public Library and at 11 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 31.
• The Osceola Chapter of MARSP (Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel) will meet at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 5, at the Evart Depot on South Main Street, Evart. Jenny Rounds will be sharing information about the Evart Reads program. Contact Bonnie Neuman at (743) 2739 for additional information.
• Anyone interested in being a board member for Lake County Habitat — a nonprofit ecumenical Christian housing ministry, please contact (231) 745-2688 for information about applications.
• Baldwin Rotary Club meets at noon each Tuesday in the Pere Marquette Room at Pompeii’s.