Local pantries seeking donations
LAKE COUNTY — Local pantries serve the community and rely on donations.
Lynne Mills, of Bread of Life Food Pantry in Baldwin, is passing along the word to local churches and the community items which could be of use in area pantries, including the Bread of Life Pantry, the Personal Care Pantry at the Baldwin Assembly of God, the pregnancy center in Baldwin and the pantries in Luther, Irons and Reed City.
Mills put together a list of items by month, but said people are welcome to donate other items.
“We appreciate any and all donations. Also, money is a great way to donate. We can make that money stretch even further with our purchasing options,” she said.
The following donations are suggested for the next several months:
• Nov.: Canned fruit, men and women deodorant, baby wipes and supplies;
• Dec.: Cereal, bath tissue and diapers of all sizes;
• Jan.: Soup, bar soap, baby wipes and supplies;
• Feb.: Low sodium items, dish soap and diapers of all sizes;
• March: Gluten free items, laundry soap, baby wipes and supplies;
• April: Peanut butter, toothpaste and brushes and diapers of all sizes;
• May: Canned tuna and salmon, men and women deodorant and baby wipes;
• June: Spaghetti sauce, bath tissue and diapers of all sizes;
• July: Juice, bar soap, baby wipes and supplies;
• Aug.: Canned beans, dish soap and diapers of all sizes; and
• Sept.: Pasta and rice, laundry soap and baby supplies.