Lake County churches observe Christmas
LAKE COUNTY — Christmas is right around the corner and the various churches of Lake County will be offering plenty of opportunities to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.
- Faith Fellowship Church in Irons will be celebrating with a Christmas Eve service at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 24. There will be no services on Christmas Day.
- Evergreen Covenant Church in Lake Township will host a 7 p.m. service on Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24. There will be no special services on Christmas Day.
- God's True Vine Church will not be having any special services for Christmas, but they will observe the holiday at their normal services on Sunday, Dec. 20.
- Lake Community Bible Church near Baldwin will have no special services, however they will observe Christmas at their 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. services on Sunday, Dec. 20.
- Baldwin Congregational Church in Baldwin will host a Christmas Eve service at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 24. There will be no services on Christmas Day.
- Covenant Community United Methodist Church north of Baldwin will offer a 6 p.m. Christmas Eve service on Thursday, Dec. 24. There will be no Christmas Day services.
- Grace Lutheran Church in Baldwin will similarly have a Christmas Eve service at 4 p.m., but no services on Christmas Day.
- St. Ann's Catholic Church in Baldwin will have a Christmas Eve Mass at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 24, as well as a 9 a.m. Mass on Christmas morning on Friday, Dec. 25. They will also have a special 5 p.m. Mass on New Year's Eve, Thursday, Dec. 31, to celebrate the new year.
- St. Ignatius in Luther will host a 4:30 p.m. Mass on Thursday, Dec. 24, but will have no Masses on Christmas Day. St. Ignatius will also will commemorate the new year with a Mass at 9 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 1, 2016.
No matter how or where people may celebrate, each church wishes Lake County a merry Christmas.