Halloween events coming up
The following are upcoming Halloween events in the Lake County area.
• The Shrine of the Pines Haunted Trail and Mini Halloween Carnival which was scheduled for Friday, Oct. 27 and Saturday, Oct. 28, has been canceled and will be rescheduled for next year.
• Pathfinder Community Library and the Baldwin Lions Club will be hosting a Halloween party from 4:30 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 28 at the library. This event will include Halloween crafts and snacks.
• The Big Bass Lake Trunk-or-Treat will begin at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28, at the pavilion across from the Sauble Township Hall, located at 8906 W. 6 Mile Rd., Irons.
• There will be a Trunk-or-Treat hosted by Na-Tah-Ka South from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28, at Na-Tah-Ka South, located at 6392 76th St., Baldwin. Children can look forward to games, prizes, snacks, apple cider and candy.
• The Webber Township Fire Department is hosting its third annual haunted house from 5 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28, at the Webber Township fire station, located at 2324 Springtime Road, Baldwin. Admission is free, and snacks and drinks will be available. Costumes are optional.
• Lilley Township Fire Department is hosting a haunted fire barn from 6 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28, at the Lilley Township Fire Station, located at 10730 Prospect, Ave., Bitely. There will be games, activities and refreshments.
• Grand Oaks Nursing Center will have its annual Halloween party at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31, at Grand Oaks Nursing Center. Anyone interested in donating candy for residents to hand out to children trick-or-treating can contact Christine Engels, activity director.
• The Lake County Children's Trust Fund is hosting its first Trunk-or-Treat from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31, in the Baldwin High School parking lot. For more information or anyone wanting to hand out candy, contact Quran Griffin at (231) 368-1051.
• Children are invited to participate in a Trunk-or-Treat hosted by the Chase Township Public Library from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31, at the Chase Township Park, located at 8400 E. North St., Chase. Any community members or businesses who would like to participate in the event can contact (231) 832-9511.
• The Village of Luther trick-or-treating will be on Tuesday, Oct. 31, with a Trunk-or-Treat and costume contest from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Luther Lions Hall. There also will be the Millpond Trunk-or-Treat from 4 to 8 p.m. The public is invited to decorate their cars to pass out candy. Hot dogs, chips and hot chocolate will be served.
• Trick-or-treating in the Village of Baldwin will be from 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31. Village officials ask there be no early start.