Community Easter events, services scheduled
LAKE COUNTY — From the excitement of hunting for Easter eggs and photo ops with the Easter Bunny, to reflective religious services, there are community events scheduled throughout the month to celebrate the Easter season in Lake County.
• Baldwin Lions Club is hosting its Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 13, at VFW Post No. 5315, 2225 M-37, Baldwin. In addition to an egg hunt, kids can anticipate games, food and prizes.
• Luther Lions Club is hosting its Easter egg hunt at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 13, at the Luther Lions Hall, 1003 N. State St. The fun includes door prizes, hot dogs and chips.
• Families are invited to join the fun at the Pathfinder Community Library at the annual Easter party from noon to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 13, at 812 Michigan Ave., Baldwin. A craft, movie and snacks will be the entertainment.
• There will be a special needs Easter egg hunt and bonnet contest at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, April 16, at Circle Rocking S Children’s Farm, 5487 Tuttle Rd., Free Soil. Reserve by April 14 by contacting (231) 462-3732. The event is free and open to people of all ages with special needs. Participants are asked to bring their own Easter basket and bonnet.
• Luther United Methodist Church will have a Palm Sunday service at 9 a.m. on Sunday, April 14, at 315 State St., Luther.
• An Easter Cantata “Come to the Cross” will be presented by the Faith Community Choir, under the direction of Mary Ford Anderson, at 3 p.m. on Sunday. April 14, at the Baldwin Congregational Church, 870 Beech St., with refreshments following. John Petersen will perform several violin pieces, followed by the Cantata.
• The Baldwin Congregational Church will host a Maundy Thursday service at 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 18, at the church. There will be a foot-washing service with communion following open for all believers.
• Luther United Methodist Church, will have a Good Friday service at 1 p.m. on Friday, April 19.
• Chase Township Public Library will have an Easter social function at 1 p.m. on Friday, April 19, which will include an egg hunt, crafts and snacks, at the library, 8400 E. N. St., Chase.
• Grand Oaks Nursing Center, 600 Denmark St., Baldwin, will have its annual Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. on Friday, April 19. The community is invited.
• There will be a self-guided Good Friday service from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, April 19, at the Chase Barton United Methodist Church, 6957 Depot St., Chase. People are invited to come and reflect, as several stations depicting the message of Good Friday will be set up.
• Baldwin Congregational Church will have a Good Friday service at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 19 with a Tenebrae Service of Lights, scripture and prayer.
• The Sauble, Elk and Eden Fire Department is hosting an Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 20, at Skinner Park, 5074 W. 10 1/2 Mile Road, Irons. The hunt begins at 11 a.m. and children up to the age of 12 can participate. All children must be registered before 11 a.m. to take part.
• In Idlewild, Shawn and Amy’s Easter egg hunt for ages 2-12, will take place at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 20, at 7450 Coffey Ave., Idlewild. Kids must be able to walk and pick up eggs by themselves, but if a special needs child needs an adult to walk with them, let organizer Shawn Coffey, know.
• On Easter Sunday, Baldwin Congregational Church will have the Community Sonrise Service at 7 a.m., Sunday, April 21, at the church, with music, dance and celebration. A free breakfast will follow the service.
• Luther United Methodist Church will have an Easter service at 9 a.m. on Sunday, April 21.
• NaTah-Ka South is hosting an Easter Sunday egg hunt beginning at 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 21, at 6392 W. 76th St., Baldwin.