Chase Fellowship Church moves into its own building
CHASE — What may have seemed like an eternity for members of the Chase Fellowship Church has finally come to pass — the congregation is finally able to move into its own building after 11 years of meeting at the Chase Township Hall.
After forming 11 years ago, members of the Chase Fellowship Church, overseen by pastors Connie Shoemaker and Jodie Maguire, purchased a store building in the center of Chase on U.S. 10 and Adams Street, 10 years ago.
Since purchasing the building, the congregation continued to meet at the Chase Township Hall while raising money to convert the store building into a church.
A blacksmith shop once stood on the church property before a fire burned the business section of Chase in 1892. From what is known by Chase residents, the building the church bought was a store since the 1940s which was owned by Milbert Lodhotz. It switched hands to Earl Wallace in the 50’s, and in the 60’s Bob Bair became the owner. The Bair Store was in operation until purchased by Tim Ringler who owned it until the 90’s. The Bartmans took it over for a time before the building was acquired by Howie Lodholtz, who ran a gun and sports shop. The members of Chase Fellowship Church purchased it from Lodholtz.
After 10 years of renovations, inspections and repairs, the church hardly looks like it ever had been a store.
Pastor Shoemaker said after all the years of hard work, this is a very big deal to finally be able to move into their own church building.
Shoemaker invites the public to an open house from 2 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19, at the Chase Fellowship Church, located at 6764 Adams St., Chase.
There will be an official dedication of the church during the regular Sunday service at 10 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 20.