Baldwin to celebrate homecoming week
BALDWIN — Staff and students at Baldwin Community Schools are preparing for Homecoming Week — with a lot of fun and activities planned beginning Monday, Oct. 2, through Saturday, Oct. 7. This year's theme is " A Disney Homecoming."
Each grade in high school selected a Disney animated movie to represent their class, including "Moana," for ninth-grade; "Lion King," for 10th-grade; "Toy Story," for 11th-grade and "Cars," for 12th-grade.
The dress up days are as follows:
• Monday, Oct. 2: Disney Character Day — dress up as a favorite Disney animated character.
• Tuesday, Oct. 3: Twin Day — dress up with another person as twins.
• Wednesday, Oct. 4: Mathlete versus Athlete Day — dress up as a nerd or athlete.
• Thursday, Oct. 5: Hero/Villain Day — dress up as a favorite Disney hero or villain.
• Friday, Oct. 6: Blue and Gold Day — dress in school colors.
There will be a class hallway decorating competition Monday and Tuesday with judging on Wednesday. The high school homecoming assembly will take place from 2:10 to 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 6 in the gym, and the homecoming game Friday night will be Baldwin versus Big Rapids Crossroads Charter Academy. The homecoming queen and king will be announced at halftime.
The high school homecoming dance will be from 7 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7, at the high school cafeteria.